Student Advising > BMUS > ORGN: Organ
B.MUS. in ORGAN PERFORMANCE
- Secondary Harpsichord: It is not possible for ORGN majors to test-out/have waived secondary harpsichord credits.
Steps to Self-advising -- For information only. Not to replace official advising sessions.
- a) First-year students with NO transfer credits: Review the recommended coursework by year of study to see what your first year of courses will be. Review the registration page for instructions on how to register for courses and to find out when your registration opens.
b) All other students: Review the recommended coursework by year of study and check that you have met the degree requirements for the previous year(s) of study:
If you have, you may clearly see what your next year of courses should be; but,
If you have not, you will need to account for the missing coursework, as you plan your future years of B.Mus. study.
For those students with transfer credits, be sure to take them into account. If you are unsure how your credits transfer to your B.Mus. degree, contact the Music Student Advisor.
- Concert Attendance Requirement (Wednesday Noon Hour). If you are in 1st or 2nd year, review this requirement.
- Language Proficiency Index (LPI). Have you passed (or are you exempt from) the LPI? If not, review the requirements.
- English. Have you completed six credits of first-year English? If not, review the requirements.
- Transfer credits. Do you have eligible transfer credits which have not been officially transferred to UBC? If so, contact the Music Student Advisor as soon as possible.
- Double majors. Minors. Are you interested in or currently enrolled in a double major or minor program(s). If yes, view the double major or minor webpage and meet with the Student Advisor for course planning in your second major or, minor.
- Music Education. Do you have an interest in becoming an elementary or secondary school teacher? If so: review Music Education. Note: In order to be eligible for entrance into the B.Ed. program, all composition majors must meet the B.Ed. pre-requisite requirements, even if such coursework is not a required part of your B.Mus. degree.
- Review the Additional Resources for other advising items of interest (e.g., registration drop/add dates; scholarships).
- Graduation course requirement checks, for third (3rd) and fourth (4th) year students only, are sent by e-mail from the Music Student Advisor in November.
- Questions? Contact the Music Student Advisor.