Ph.D. in HISTORICAL MUSICOLOGY
Historical Musicology Contact: Dr. David Metzer (Tel: 604-822-2246 or E-mail: david.metzer(at)ubc.ca)
1. Historical Musicology Division
2. Program Information
- Pre-requisites & Curriculum
- Review Entrance (Placement) Exam requirements. These exams are administered just before the start of the Fall term.
3. Application Requirements specific to the Ph.D. In Historical Musicology
Follow the general graduate application guidelines in How to Apply and in addition:
- Take the General Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and request that your scoring report be forwarded to the School of Music using University of British Columbia's institution code 0965 along with department code 2302 (for Music History, Musicology, and Theory).
Note: UBC graduates within 3 years prior to application are exempt from this requirement.
- Submit a paper, or papers, dealing with some aspect of musicology that is representative of your work to date.
- Submit a Statement of Intent.