Master of Music in Piano performance
Keyboard Division Graduate Coordinator: Dr. Corey Hamm (Tel: 604-822-3522 or E-mail: corey.hamm(at)ubc.ca)
1. Keyboard Division
2. Program Information
- Recommended residency - two years (minimum)
- Pre-requisites & Curriculum
- Review Entrance (Placement) Exam requirements. These exams are administered just before the start of the Fall term.
3. Application Requirements specific to the MMUS in Piano
Follow the general graduate application guidelines in How to Apply and in addition (send attachments to the School of Music):
Submit a comprehensive repertoire list of works studied during the student's undergraduate degree. Works performed publicly must be indicated by an asterisk (*).
Submit a term paper of at least 2000 words.
- one complete classical sonata (Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven or Schubert);
- one major work from the 19th century (or several smaller works ie. intermezzi and preludes, impromptus etc.); and,
- one other contrasting work (complete).
- No repertoire for the current audition may have been performed for any previous audition at UBC.