Master of Music in Orchestral instrument performance
Co-Heads of the Woodwind, Brass & Percussion Division
Brass & Percussion: Dr. Robert Taylor (Tel: 604-827-5474 or E-mail: rob.taylor(at)ubc.ca)
Woodwinds: Prof. Jesse Read (Tel: 604-822-3824 or E-mail: jesse.read(at)ubc.ca)
Head of the Strings Division: Prof. Eric Wilson (Tel: 604-822-5526) or E-mail eric.wilson(at)ubc.ca)
1. Orchestral Instruments Division
2. Program Requirements
- Recommended residency - two years
- Pre-requisites & Curriculum
- Review Entrance (Placement) Exam requirements. These exams are administered just before the start of the Fall term.
3. Application Requirements specific to the MMUS in Orchestral Instrument Performance
Follow the general graduate application guidelines in How to Apply and in addition (send attachments to the School of Music):
- Audition Requirements (except oboe): Three contrasting pieces from
different periods of the repertoire.
- Oboe audition requirements.
- Include a repertoire list and selection of programs from other recitals given.
- Submit a term paper, if available, or a written statement of professional goals.