Master of Music in Harpsichord
Keyboard Division Graduate Advisor: Dr. Corey Hamm (Tel: 604-822-3522 or E-mail: corey.hamm(at)ubc.ca)
Sessional Lecturer, Harpsichord: Doreen Oke (E-mail: doreen.oke(at)ubc.ca)
1. Keyboard Division
- Sessional Lecturer, Harpsichord -- Doreen Oke
A founding member of Vancouver's Pacific Baroque Orchestra, Doreen Oke is also co-founder of The Musick Masters, a baroque chamber ensemble which performs regularly in the West. She has given solo recitals and masterclasses throughout Canada, and has been recorded numerous times by the C.B.C. as a soloist, chamber musician and member of the C.B.C. Vancouver Orchestra.
- About the Keyboard Division
- Keyboard faculty (incl. bios & contact information)
- Student Ensembles at UBC
- Colloquium Series at the School
2. Program Information
- Recommended residency - two years (minimum)
- Pre-requisites & Curriculum
- Review Entrance (Placement) Exam requirements. These exams are administered just before the start of the Fall term.
3. Application Requirements specific to the MMUS in Harpsichord
Follow the general graduate application guidelines in How to Apply and in addition (send attachments to the School of Music):
Submit a comprehensive repertoire list of works studied during the student's undergraduate degree. Works performed publicly must be indicated by an asterisk (*).
Submit a term paper of at least 2000 words.
- Three contrasting pieces from different periods of the repertoire.
- No repertoire for the current audition may have been performed for any previous audition at UBC.