DOCTOR OF MUSICAL ARTS in Voice Performance
Head of the Voice & Opera Divisions: Prof. Nancy Hermiston (Tel: 604-822-8246 or E-mail: nancy.hermiston(at)ubc.ca)
1. Voice Division
2. Program Information
- Recommended residency - 4 years
- Pre-requisites & Curriculum
- Review Entrance (Placement) Exam requirements. These exams are administered just before the start of the Fall term.
- Policies and procedures relating to D.M.A. degrees in composition and performance
3. Application Requirements specific to the DMA in Voice
Follow the general graduate application guidelines in How to Apply and in addition:
Audition requirements -- Five pieces are required: Lieder/Art Song/Oratorio plus 1 aria.
Include a repertoire list and selection of programs from other recitals given.
Submit a written statement of professional goals.
- Submit a term paper (not less than ten pages in length).